The temperature is rising and summer is here! We know you’re ready for the summer fun…. but is your home ready? Here are a few ways to get your home ready for hosting the beloved summer BBQ and keep your home efficient and cool!
Ready to entertain?
- Prep your grill. Clean the grill surface and your grilling tools, and ensure it’s in operating condition.
- Keep the summer nights alive with outdoor lighting. Don’t let the setting sun force your party indoors on a beautiful summer evening! Consider outdoor lighting for your deck or patio – there are plenty of energy efficient options like solar and low voltage lights.
- Clean patio furniture. Wrought-iron, aluminum and plastic outdoor furniture should be wiped with a clean cloth dampened with a mixture of water and a mild dishwashing detergent, such as Ivory, and rinsed off with a hose.
- Keep the skeeters away. Once the sun goes down, your guests may be tempted to flee inside. Consider having citronella candles on hand or get your yard treated for pests by a professional like Pearson to keep the party going outside!
Ready to be efficient?
- Ensure your refrigerator is working properly. It isn’t a pretty job, but an efficient refrigerator is essential for summer. It’s a good idea to clean your fridge’s condensing coils and take a look at the manual to see if any other maintenance should be performed.
- Check your window frames. If sunlight is able to penetrate through the sides of your windows, consider a solar window treatment to help your cooling unit work more efficiently.
- Organize your garage. Organize gardening tools, sporting equipment, tools and knick knacks. Summer chores will go by that much quicker if everything is organized well.
- Change your HVAC filters. HVAC filters should be changed regularly every month or so to prevent unwanted buildup. It’s also a good idea to change your filter as you switch from heating to cooling.
Ready to be cool?
- Switch your ceiling fan’s blades to turn counterclockwise. A switch to change the direction of ceiling fan blades is usually found at the base of the unit. A counterclockwise direction forces warm air to the ceiling and sends cool air downward to be dispersed throughout your home.
- Schedule an A/C checkup with Pearson. Prevent any major, expensive issues before they start by scheduling an appointment with your licensed Pearson professional.
It’s not too late for an A/C clean and check to make sure your unit is operating as efficiently as possible. Call Pearson today to schedule an A/C checkup!