Air Conditioning Installation & Repair
With over 50 years of experience, Pearson Plumbing and Heating is the company to call when it’s time for a fresh installation or air conditioning repair in Freeport, Rockford, and the surrounding areas. Our trained technicians will provide the highest quality service and make all efforts to bring comfort back to your home or business.
New Air Conditioning Installation
Do you run your AC all day and still feel a bit too warm? Oftentimes, this is a sign that your system is in need of repair, but it can also be a sign that your current air conditioning system is simply unable to meet the needs of your business or home. Don’t stew with an outdated or underperforming system; when it’s time for a fresh installation, call Pearson Plumbing and Heating. If you inquire, we can send a technician to visit your home or business and provide you with a free equipment recommendation for your individual needs. We are proud to offer these major brands:
Ductless Split Systems
Have a single room that is too hot or too cold? An alternative to conventional central heating and air conditioning systems is a Mitsubishi ductless split system. Because Mitsubishi split-zoning systems don’t require ductwork, they’re the perfect heating and cooling systems for renovating older buildings that were constructed before air conditioning was available—even those with plaster walls and brick facades. Pearson is honored to be one of only two Mitsubishi Diamond Contractors in the area.
Air Conditioning Repair in Freeport, Rockford, and the Surrounding Areas
In many places around the country, including in Illinois, a broken air conditioner can mean profound discomfort and even dangerous overheating through the warmest months. When you schedule an air conditioning repair with us in Freeport, or elsewhere in our service area, you can rest assured that our work will begin quickly. We strive to conduct all repairs as efficiently as possible to minimize the discomfort or downtime you’re experiencing at your home or business—and we stand by our work!
Common Air Conditioner Issues
There are many different reasons that an air conditioner can break down or fail to perform its best. Many problems arise from wear-and-tear, but in some cases system owners discover that the issue could have been prevented with regular maintenance. Here are some of the most common AC diagnoses we see:
- Low refrigerant. If your air conditioner is blowing warm air, the issue may be low refrigerant levels or a leak in the refrigerant line. A trained technician will find and repair weak spots in the line.
- Frozen evaporator coils. This part of the air conditioner absorbs heat from the warm air flowing through the machine. A malfunction that misdirects the flow of warm air can cause the coils to freeze over.
- Dirty condenser coils. Located in the outdoor unit, your AC’s condenser coils can become grimey when not regularly maintained and lead to mechanical issues.
- Fan malfunction. Fans control airflow into and out of the units. There are many reasons why a fan might malfunction. Fan problems should be fixed immediately, as they may also lead to compressor failure.
- Duct problems. Sometimes, the issue doesn’t lie in your AC at all, but in the ductwork of your home. If your system is in good condition, the air may be escaping behind the walls and driving up your energy bill.
- Thermostat malfunction. If your thermostat is not properly functioning, the system can’t be reliably adjusted. The problem might also be that the device was miscalibrated or incorrect settings are selected.
- Clogged drains. Your air conditioner is constantly removing moisture from the air in your home as part of its design. If your air conditioner is directing water to a clogged drainage system, it may become damaged by backflow.
A breakdown of your cooling system can happen any time of day or night. That’s why Pearson Plumbing and Heating provides 24-hour emergency air conditioning repair in Freeport, Roscoe, and other towns and cities in Northern Illinois. Just give our 24-hour hotline a call and we can be ready to service your home or business at a moment’s notice.
No Problem Club
The best way to protect your A/C and furnace investments is to join our No Problem Club! You can spend less money while gaining the peace of mind that you have an expert technician on call. For a monthly or annual fee (your choice), the No Problem Club provides priority service and special perks to members.
There’s no reason to continue in discomfort when the Pearson Plumbing and Heating pros are standing by to help with your air conditioning repair in Freeport, Rockford, Roscoe, Belvidere, Winnebago, or Byron, IL. Contact the line closest to you to schedule an appointment for repair, maintenance, emergencies, and for more information about our new installations.