Heat Pump Rebates – Illinois | Pearson Plumbing, Heating/AC
In case you’re not already familiar with them, heat pumps are a versatile and efficient solution for heating and cooling spaces. They transfer heat rather than generating it, and that often results in lower energy consumption and lower utility bills.
There are three primary common types of heat pump systems: Air-to-Air, Geothermal, and Ductless Air Source, each having its own unique method of transferring heat. They can be connected to ductwork to distribute heated or cool air throughout your home or business.
Apply for the ComEd Multi-Family Energy Savings Electric Incentive Here
Air-to-Air Heat Pumps
- How they work: Air-to-air heat pumps transfer heat between the indoors and outdoors. In the winter, they extract heat from the outside air (even when it’s cold) and move it inside to warm the space. In summer, the process is reversed and just as with traditional central air conditioners, heat is released into the atmosphere to cool the interior of your home or business.
- Advantages: They are relatively easy to install, cost-effective, and can provide both heating and cooling, which makes them a popular choice in moderate climates.
Geothermal (Ground Source) Heat Pumps
- How they work: Geothermal heat pumps transfer heat between a building and the ground. They utilize the consistent temperatures found just a few feet below the earth’s surface to provide heating in the winter (by extracting heat from the ground) and cooling in the summer (by dispersing heat into the ground).
- Advantages: They offer the highest efficiency among heat pump systems. They have a long lifespan, require less maintenance, and provide excellent comfort with lower operating costs.
Ductless Air-source Heat Pumps
In addition to the two types we’ve discussed, another option is the ductless air-source version called ductless mini-split heat pumps. These are ideal for older homes without ductwork or for installation in an addition to your home or workplace, providing heating and cooling without having to go to the expense of ductwork installation.
Main Advantages of Heat Pumps
Whatever type you may have, these systems offer the following advantages.
- Energy Efficiency Service: Heat pumps are highly efficient as they move heat rather than generate it, potentially reducing energy consumption, lowering energy bills, and saving money.
- Cost-Effective: Over time, the energy savings can offset the initial investment making heat pumps a cost-effective choice for temperature regulation.
- Environmentally Friendly: By utilizing natural heat sources, heat pumps have a lower carbon footprint compared to conventional heating and cooling systems.
- Heating and Cooling: They provide both heating and cooling solutions, making them a versatile choice for year-round comfort.
- Improved Air Quality: Heat pumps have filtration systems that can reduce dust, allergens, and other particulates in the air, promoting better indoor air quality.
- Quieter Operation: Compared to traditional HVAC systems, heat pumps often operate more quietly, contributing to a peaceful indoor environment.
ComEd Heat Pump Rebates Through Pearson Plumbing, Heating & AC
Given the many advantages of heat pumps, especially in terms of utility costs and protection of the environment, ComEd is now offering rebates through contractors enrolled in and certified by ComEd’s EESP network.
Pearson Plumbing, Heating & AC is a member of the EESP network, and through our cooperation with ComEd we can offer the following rebates:
- Air source heat pumps – Up to $1,400
- Geothermal heat pumps – Up to $9,000 per home
- Mini-split heat pumps – Up to $1,000
By understanding the workings and benefits of each type of heat pump, homeowners and business owners can make informed decisions about their heating and cooling needs in an efficient and eco-friendly manner.
At Pearson Plumbing, Heating & AC, we offer the very best in heat pump installation and service. To learn more about the purchase and installation of these systems, the advantages they offer, and the ComEd rebates we can provide or any of our other heating and cooling services – give us a call and speak to one of our HVAC experts at Pearson Plumbing, Heating & AC.