Midwest winters can be harsh and may seem to go on forever! Having a furnace go out at any point through the colder months can make it difficult for businesses and homes to continue their operations in comfort—if at all. When it’s time to repair your existing furnace or install a new heater in Belvidere, Pearson is the company to call.
Common Furnace Issues
Oftentimes, when we are called on to make a furnace repair in Belvidere, the customer has noticed more than just a lack of heat coming from their furnace. Some of the issues you can have with your furnace are potentially dangerous—it’s important to seek out the expert of a professional as soon as possible. Here are a few common furnace problems:
- A malfunctioning thermostat can impact your ability to accurately control the temperature in your home.
- A slipped or frayed blower belt may cause a high-pitched squeal when the furnace is engaged.
- A flickering or yellow pilot light in your gas furnace could be a sign that there is excess carbon monoxide.
- Frequent cycling between on and off could indicate several different issues, including a clogged filter.
- Worn out ball bearings may be identified by a scraping noise. It's important to turn the furnace off immediately and call for help.
24-Hour Emergency Heating Repairs
Depending on the time of year that your furnace breaks down, you may not be able to wait until the morning for repairs. When temperatures drop dangerously low, it’s important to call for professional furnace repairs in Belvidere. We will come out to your location anytime, day or night, to provide a fix that will help keep you and your family safe and comfortable.
Regular Maintenance Helps Prevent Breakdowns
We encourage all of our customers to contact us for yearly maintenance. In many cases, both minor and major furnace repairs in Belvidere can be prevented with regular check-ins from our heating experts. Not only can a maintenance visit identify issues; having your furnace tuned up can also improve energy efficiency by as much as 30%.
Here’s what to expect during a maintenance visit:
- A full inspection of the vent system and air intake grilles. We will work to remove blockages so that air can move more freely through the system.
- An examination of the heat exchanger. Our technician will search for signs of damage and corrosion. If there are any issues with this part, we will suggest solutions.
- Checking and cleaning the blower. This is another system part that can become clogged. Our team will remove any debris found.
- Cleaning or replacement of your air filter. Whether your air filter needs to be cleaned or replaced relies on a multitude of different factors, including dust levels in the home, the presence of pets, and other indoor pollutants.
- Testing of the blower motor’s amp draw. If this part is not drawing enough power, the whole system can suffer. We will make sure that it is operating to its fullest.
- An inspection of the electrical wiring. The electrical connections on your furnace can become loose or damaged with time. Our team will connect or replace them as needed.
- Lubrication of the system’s moving parts. Failure to regularly lubricate your heating system’s mechanisms can result in damage and breakdowns.
- Thermostat calibration. If your thermostat is miscalibrated, it won’t be able to provide accurate information or properly control your system. We will ensure it is properly functioning.
- Testing the system’s safety controls. Before leaving, we will confirm that the system starts up properly and that the safety features are working correctly.
Join Our No Problem Club!
Pearson’s No Problem Club helps customers stay on top of their system maintenance regimen more easily. We offer multiple club levels for customers with varying needs. At the Platinum level, you’re guaranteed annual cleaning and checkups, 10% off all service calls for covered equipment, and so much more. Care to learn more about the No Problem Club? Contact us today to inquire.
Professional Furnace Installation
Depending on the type of furnace you have—and how well it’s maintained—you should be able to live in heated comfort for 15 years or more before needing to replace this essential device. When you get to a crossroads with your furnace and decide to replace it, Pearson is here to help. We carry the top furnace brands to suit all of our customers’ needs, including leading energy-saving options.
We Fix More Than Furnaces
Pearson personnel are trained to service gas furnaces, heat pumps, boilers, and many other types of heaters. If you are wondering whether we can help you with your unique heating system, please reach out to talk to a member of our friendly and knowledgeable staff. We are standing by to repair your heater in Belvidere, just give us a call!
Why Call Us?
Pearson has been servicing Belvidere and other nearby communities for over 50 years. Our technicians are carefully trained to provide a high level of expertise and professionalism, no matter the job. Whether you call on us for a simple repair or more complex installation, you can be sure that it’s done right. Our dedication to providing 100% satisfaction has helped us become one of Illinois’ leading contractors. Reach out today for furnace maintenance, installation, repairs