If you are like me, you know that putting together a home emergency kit is extremely important but it just doesn’t get done. We have our ready excuses – I am too busy or I’ll get to it soon or somewhere in my mind I believe that bad things always happen to somebody else. Reading about the recent hurricane and power outages out east reminds all of us that we owe it to our family to be ready.
Sometimes, the hardest part of being prepared is just starting. So get started today by gathering the following list of basics:
- Water – one gallon per person per day (that is ten 12.9 ounce bottles per person per day!)
- Food – non-perishable, easy to prepare, canned meats, fruit snacks, granola bars
- Manual can opener
- Mess kits, paper plates and cups, paper towels and plastic utensils
- Moist towelettes
- Flashlights with extra batteries
- Battery powered radio
- First aid kit and first aid book
- Medications – prescribed as well as aspirin and cough medicine
- Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items – toiletpaper, kleenex
- Wrench, pliers and hammer
- Cell phone with chargers
- Matches – in a fireproof sealed container
- Whistle – great for alerting in darkness or to signal for outside assistance
- Trash bags and garbage bags
- Sleeping bags and/or blankets
- Change of clothing – appropriate for the changing seasons and different climates
- Jackets, sweatshirts, rain gear and gloves
- Footwear – extra shoes (tennis shoes and/or boots)
- Fire extinguisher
- Books, games and puzzles
PRINT THIS BLOG IMMEDIATELY AND USE THE LIST ABOVE TO CONSTRUCT YOUR KIT!
Once you have this first step completed, it is time to put a note on your calendar (paper, phone or i-pad) to remind yourself to review your kit every 6 months. Replace items, add new ones (think pets, small children, elderly adults, special needs) that are appropriate for your family and change out seasonal clothing.
AC barely made it through summer? Furnace not ready for winter? Then treat yourself and take advantage of the opportunity to invest in top of the line equipment at the lowest price ever! Folks just like you have been saving $1500 – and getting 3 year 0% financing and a 10 parts and labor warranty! Peace of mind at its best!!!
Not since the federal government handed out $1500 rebates in 2010 has there been a chance like this for you to own a Cadillac at a Chevy price. Treat yourself to a 20% savings off every day prices.
THIS LIMITED TIME PACKAGE HAS INCREDIBLE VALUE – ACT NOW – GET ALL THE INFORMATION - SET UP A FREE, NO OBLIGATION APPOINTMENT - CALL PEARSON TODAY AT 398-8312.