It’s been a beautiful week, but we can be sure that temperatures will drop over the next month or so. And when they do, you want to be sure that you are able to heat your home without any problems!
If your home has radiators, there’s a good chance that it’s running on a boiler system. Our expert Pearson technicians recommend that you have your boiler maintenanced every fall to insure that there are no problems when the cooler temps set in.
We recommend that your boiler received a tune-up in an effort to make sure that it’s working both as efficiently, and as safely as possible. Our expert technicians will inspect your system for the following:
- Is your system dirty or rusty? Every so often the power needs to be turned off so that the system can be vacuumed and cleaned out.
- Is there proper ventilation? It’s important that the air intake to the room is unobstructed.
- Is the pressure correct? You should expect it to be 12 to 18 PSI when cold.
- Are all parts working properly? Our technicians will check to make sure all your gauges, tubes, valves, seals, pumps or steam system are in good shape and are working properly!
- Does your boiler need to be flushed? We recommend that the entire system is flushed every 5 - 10 years. If you recently moved into your home and aren’t sure when it was last flushed, our technicians will be able to help you identify when you should expect to schedule a complete flush.
Schedule a boiler tune-up appointment online, or by calling us at 815.398.81312. If you schedule your appointment now through Oct. 15, you’ll receive 15% off a boiler flush.